Park Baptist Church began simply in the home of Warren Crandall, editor and owner of the Brookfield Gazette, in 1866. Mr. Crandall, his wife, Georgia, and their four children lived in Brookfield for 24 years. The Baptists in Brookfield met in various homes and halls until 1884, when a small single story frame church was built at the corner of North Main and West John. This building burned on August 31, 1911. The cornerstone for the current building was laid on Nov. 11, 1912. In 1956 an education building was attached to the church. In 2002 a new fellowship building was completed to the north of the main sanctuary building.